Sunday, January 10, 2010

Baby Psychics- Are they for real??

Some women out there are claiming themselves to be "Baby Psychics" specifically dealing with women TTC or are newly pregnant. Are they for real or is this just a way to expolit desperate desires to have a baby?


A while back there was an explosion of "baby psychic" talk on one of the message boards I was on. Several women jumped at the chance to pay $10-$50 to find out when they would conceive, the gender of their baby, their due date, or their baby's past life. I was actually quite surprised how many women paid to get these done. But are they for real?

First of all, my personal beliefs about "psychics" are about much as I believe the sky to be green. I do however believe that some people are given special gifts in this life, like some take to speaking other languages well and other things like that. I think some people have the ability to heal faster. I believe in God of course, and that he speaks to us through the Holy Ghost. I believe some people are more sensitive to those whisperings than others are. Here are some incidences that make me think that people have the "gift" of foreseeing. I have a dear friend who worked with me. She was showing something to a customer and she looked up at my friend and asked her when her little girl was due. My friend, had no clue she was pregnant and thought this lady was just some wacko, or thought she looked pregnant. She shook it off, and only a few weeks later she found out she was pregnant (total surprise to her) and then eventually found out it was a girl. Another scenario... my husband works installing security systems in people's homes. While in a customers house this past summer, the customer told him to enjoy playing with his 2 sons. My husband was a little taken back by that comment, this customer had no knowledge that we had any kids at all. I was pregnant at the time however, and when I lost my baby, we could see it was a boy. Our second son that they were referring to maybe? So I think people may be sensitive to those kind of things, but to be able to predict their conception month, due date, and past life? I'm a little iffy on that one.

While in a discussion about this, one lady claiming to be a baby psychic challenged me on my denial that they were really psychic. She said she would give me a reading for free to prove that she was psychic. She said I would get pregnant that current month (November) and that I'd be due August 7th, but have a planned C-section on the 27th of July, and that it would be a girl. I took her challenge and was very skeptical. November 3oth rolled around and I got a BFP. I was getting a little spooked by what she
said. However I miscarried later and there goes the rest of the prediction. But who is to say if I hadn't miscarried that it would have come true? I don't know, but if someone could tell me EXACTLY what was going to happen, they would have seen that wouldn't they? I think that is more proof that we have a hand in our own destiny more than anything. If a "Psychic" predicts us to get pregnant in the month of January and we don't touch our husband's that whole month, what are the chances of that happening? Don't waste your money on a baby psychic predicton that may or may not come true. Your money is best spent elsewhere on something that will benefit you in the long run. I think more than anything God has his own timing for things and if you have concerns about timing, you should take it up with Him. Not to get all religious on you, but when the topic of psychics come up, religion always ends up in there somewhere. But if you are just too curious about a baby psychic, here are a few I've heard of:
Cheri22 - I've heard her readings are very indepth sometimes even going into the baby's personality, past life, and the baby's futere family. She does offer free readings in her slower times, and they just tell you the gender and EDD.

JennyRenny - Hers seem very specific, conception month, due date, gender and info about the delivery.

Ruby - Hers are very indepth it looks like as well. I have heard some negative things about how long it takes her to get the reading back to you, but I don't know by experience.

I'd advise you as my frugal thrifty self to not pay for a reading. If it does not come true, you are out money, and if it does come true, it would have happened anyway right? If your prediction doesn't come true, it is only going to make the arrival of your period that much worse when you get it on the month she told you would would get a BFP.


If you are looking for some fun, and instant answers, you could always try this. I think it's just as accurate :)

3 comments:

  1. I had a special bond with Jeff's Grandma Ruth from the time that I moved out here to Utah, to the time she passed away in October of 2007. Well, I got pregnant with Zoe and we just sort of never got around to telling her -nor did anyone else for that matter- and then one day out of the blue while Jeff's mom was cleaning up her room, she said to his mom, "So Jeff's wife is pregnant with a little girl, isn't she?" which stunned my MIL. She of course was right.. but it wasn't a surprise that we were having a girl, because at that point, we already knew. Then when I got pregnant with Ruthie, we went over to Jeff's parents to announce the pregnancy, and after telling the family I went into her room to tell her I was pregnant, and she asked "So, how are you feeling?" and I told her I was fine, and then she responded with "That's good I was always sick when I was pregnant." and I was SHOCKED. She was VERY hard of hearing so there wasn't any chance she overheard us. What's amazing is that she was only 'knew' I was pregnant, and everyone else she had to be told. Jeff's sister got upset when Grandma never said anything of the sort to her when she was pregnant, and according to other family members, she never knew either.

    I guess the point of my rambling is that I don't believe in psychics.. however, I do believe when there's a special bond between two people, one person can usually sense things about the other person. I am a little less skeptic when I hear stories like this when there's usually a familial bond between two people, rather than between two strangers. I've heard of stories about people making predictions about other things, and then the predictions coming true, but it's few and far between. If you have a gift, you shouldn't exploit people for money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many people are constantly in search of their one true love in life and want to know when that person is going to come to them.

    best psychics

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do i talk to her ?

    ReplyDelete