Thursday, January 7, 2010

Why we do this

Please excuse my absence yesterday, one of my best friends went in to labor yesterday morning 19 days early. I was at her side through the entire birth, helping her, counting for her, and just being supportive. This is the only other birth I've ever been involved in- besides my own, and I have to say I am even more sure that I want to be a L&D Nurse. It was absolutely amazing and just reminded me why we women go through what we do. All the pain and headache of TTC, the 9- almost 10 months of being uncomfortable and forgetful, and 30-40 pounds heavier, and the excruciating hours of labor and then the birth, is for that little baby we've worked so hard towards, and I have to say it's a small price to pay for that little miracle. Congrats to my friend she did an amazing job with no epidural (it wore off) and she now has a new little family, and the baby is seriously small and very beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment