Wednesday, December 15, 2010

16 weeks

Wow! We're getting closer to the half way mark already! The first several weeks creeped by, but now it's starting to speed along! This past monday I started having severe abdominal pains, and they are still going on, but not as bad. They were all into my back and stomach, and I would get these waves of horrible pain and I honestly thought I was having contractions. I talked to my doctor and they were able to rule out pre-labor because my cervix was still closed, so they thought maybe it was a kidney infection or kidney stones. They ruled that out, and have no settled on it being gastritis, basically an inflamed stomach and other digestive organs. They gave me some ideas to help it, and so far they are helping. They also told me I should probably avoid spicy foods, which sucks, because that is all I want to eat. But oh well, I'd do anything to not feel that pain again. It was awful.

Anyways, I lost 2 lbs since my last appt, and baby's heartbeat was 160. Doc says my headaches and leg cramps are normal, which I already knew, and we scheduled my anatomy ultrasound for January 11th! I can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I was so nervous when I read your status yesterday, but I'm glad it sounds like everything is okay with the baby, it was just your digestive system acting up!

    Well, I don't wish digestive pain on you of course, but it's probably much better than the alternative.

    Hopefully your leg cramps and headaches will lighten up a bit further along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pregnancy definitely has it's rough moments! You're amazing though Val, super mom! It was great seeing you guys yesterday. Way Way WAY fun playing disney scene it too. You and Spencer are hilarious and fun to watch when you get all competitive :) Hopefully we run into you guys today after my appointment!!! I'll be checking on January 11th for your news, can't wait!!!

    ReplyDelete