Thursday, December 23, 2010

17 Weeks!

Today I am 17 weeks! Awesome! Everything is going great (knock on wood) and baby is growing and kicking even more! I even felt a kick from the outside the other day! I am doing much better from the whole stomach issue last week. I am so glad too, because that was horrible! I am on winter break from school and I don't have to work this weekend, so I am just enjoying some lazy time!

Baby's kicks are getting stronger, and when I bend over, I can definitely feel my uterus getting in the way now! Won't be long before I can't even tie my shoes! Maybe I should paint my toes soon? lol. Just a few more weeks until we find out the gender! I'll take a 17wk picture later, my camera battery is dead, but there's not much difference from the last one I dont think. I am kinda glad I'm not showing as rapidly as I thought I was. I'm glad that was just pregnancy bloat because I thought I was going to be huge! Total weight gain (minus what I lost last week) is 1lb. I think I need to gain a little bit more, but since I am feeling the baby and his/her heartbeat is strong I am not too worried.

My 20 week ultrasound is on the 11th, and I am very nervous about it. I am starting to convince myself baby is sticking around, but I keep telling myself I won't be sure until that ultrasound. Once I have it, I'll be pretty confident. It's sad I am so afraid to let my guard down and start planning for baby. I don't want it to be ripped from me suddenly again... so I am very guarded. Sucks I know, but I am making slow preparations for baby.

I already purchased an extra carseat base for our 2nd car. My good friend Linda gave me these drawers for baby clothes, and a baby play mat. She also gave me a ton of formula, which is liquid gold in my eyes...That is going to save me a ton! I haven't bought any clothes, I want to wait till I find out the gender first, but this is slowly starting to become more real!

No comments:

Post a Comment