Saturday, February 12, 2011

24 Weeks and some change

Well I went to the doctor this last week and had another ultrasound. Baby is growing perfectly, a little too perfectly. He's quite large for his age already, supposed to be around 1 pound, but is weighing in around 2lbs!! U/S Tech says he's got a big head (just what I want to hear...) and he's just "a big boy." Makes me a little nervous about delivery... if he's already so big I'm worried about how big he'll be at delivery, especially if I go past due like I did with Cohen. I have been pretty adamant about not being induced for baby size reasons, but I have scared myself officially with all the possible complications that I am not so sure anymore. The heart issue he had (thick wall of the heart or something) has resolved itself, but the enlarged urethral-pelvic junction is still there, and they want to follow up atleast once more before the end of the pregnancy. Again, they reassured me it was fairly common and that it shouldnt really cause any problems for baby once he's born. I also learned I gained 9lbs since my last appointment 4 weeks ago!! That is a LOT! After I took this picture above, I can definitely see the 9lbs. I am making it a point to be a little more active during the days, I'm gonna start walking on a treadmill or the mall or something. I dont want to loose weight, I just don't want to gain more than I need to. Anyways, here's an ultrasound pic. Hooray for the 6th month!

2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel better, when I had my ultrasound at 20 weeks, the ultrasound tech says that babies will go through growth spurts just like they would if they were outside of the womb. So, maybe he's going through a growth spurt right now and it'll even out for delivery. Remember too, that most babies will not outgrow mom's pelvis!

    Plus, I question the accuracy of the weight guesstimate thing anyway, because I met one lady who was told she had to have a c-section at 34 weeks because her son was over 8 pounds.. yeah the baby didn't even hit 5, and spent 6 or so weeks in the NICU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my son had the same issue. something like 60% of boys do. No biggie. He's still developing in there after all! Oh, and women birth 11 pound babies naturally all the time. You can totally do it. Just go in with that mind set, and you will rock. http://mamasandbabies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete