Friday, November 19, 2010

12 weeks!

Well, I'm 12 weeks!!! Well, 12 weeks 1 day to be exact, and I just heard his/her heartbeat!! This is a huge milestone! Why? Not only does my chance of miscarriage go down to 1%... but 12w 1d is 1 day later than the baby I lost at 14 weeks lived. (Baby died at 12 weeks, and I didn't loose it until 14). I am so excited! I am still keeping it hush for atleast another week. We'll tell all our families at Thanksgiving, and then announce it on facebook at 14 weeks, so you will get to read these soon! I'm still about 30% nervous about it, just because of the late loss I had before, but so far things are looking great. Strong heartbeat in the 160s! I feel pregnant. Really, I am already so uncomfortable with this belly, I feel like I'm 30 weeks. I am not complaining by any means. I think I am sporting a baby bump, and it's kinda fun. My clothes are getting tighter, and I found out yesterday I've already gained 5lbs!! Crazy!! I only gained 19 total with my son!


I also have a hernia, it's an umbillical hernia right above my belly button. It hurts sometimes, but the doc said there's nothing they can do during pregnancy, and even in my childbearing years, because even if I get it fixed, another pregnancy would pop it out again. It's not too bad yet, it just might protrude outta my big belly later. Doc says I can quit the progesterone at any time now, I think I might take it a few extra weeks just in case, afterall I do have another month's worth of pills. She said it wouldn't harm the baby to take it longer.


Well that's the update for now! TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. umbilical hernia? I don't think I have ever heard of that before... sounds scary to me. That sucks that it hurts you at times. Hopefully the pain will be minimal enough that it doesn't bother you too much. I'm thinking your baby is super active, he/she always has such a high heartbeat! I hope you get that little girl you want so much but at the same time I know a little boy would melt your heart too. No matter what, I'm positive your baby is gonna be strong and healthy and absolutely adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete