Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mothers Day!

Just wanted to wish all my readers a happy mothers day! Whether you are a mother already, or are TTC your first, you are still a mother, and a woman and should be celebrated today! I love being a mother to my 2 year old, he is the reason for most of the things I do. I just love him!

I thought today was going to be a tough day for me, I thought I would reflect on my past pregnancies and stuff and be all resentful, but surprisingly I'm not. I'm happy today. My son is my miracle baby and I am so blessed to even have him amongst the other troubles I've had TTC. Though I still am sad about all the miscarriages, I don't regret having them. I have been a mother 5 times, though some were very short. Here is a poem I got from my friend's blog a while back, and I think it is fitting for today. I have it framed in my bedroom, she had just posted it shortly after my 14wk miscarriage, and I really needed to hear it.

Angel Babies

I thought of you and closed my eyes
And prayed to God today
I asked “What makes a mother”?
And I know I heard him say.

“A mother has a baby”
This we know is true
“But God can you be a mother,
When your baby is not with you”?

“Yes, you can”, He replied
with confidence in his voice
“I give many woman babies,
when they leave is not their choice”

Some I send for a lifetime,
and other for the day.
And some I send to feel your womb,
but there’s no need to stay.

“I just don’t understand this God
I want my baby here.”
He took a deep breath and cleared his throat,
and then I saw a tear.

“I wish I could show you
what your child is doing today
If you could see your child’s smile,
with all the other children and say…

“We go to earth to learn our lessons,
of love and life and fear.
My mommy loved me so much,
I got to come straight here.

I feel so lucky to have a Mom,
who had so much love for me,
I learned my lessons quickly,
My mommy set me free.

I miss my mommy oh so much,
but I visit her every day.
When she goes to sleep,
On her pillows where I lay.

I stroke her hair and kiss her cheek,
And whisper in her ear.
“Mommy don’t be sad today,
I’m your baby and I’m here”.

“So you see my dear sweet ones,
Your children are okay.
Your babies are born here in My home,
And this is where they’ll stay.

They’ll wait for you with Me,
Until your lessons through,
And on the day that you come home,
They’ll be at the gate for you


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment