Thursday, May 5, 2011

36 Weeks

Had a doctor and a chiropractor appointment yesterday. It was nothing exciting. Had my Strep B test done (oh joy) and got weighed. I've hit the 161lbs already!! Crazy! I am definitely heavier than I was when pregnant with Cohen, but bless my lovely facebook friends and coworkers, and faithful readers who tell me I look cute and skinny and stuff. It sure makes me feel better. I especially like this shirt I'm wearing in the pic, b/c from the front I barely look pregnant! Anywho, back to the doctor appointment. I am measuring at barely 35 weeks, so a week behind- not too worrisome, Cohen measured a little behind too (so maybe I will deliver closer to June than the end of May). Heartbeat's still good. Told her about all my contractions and pains and she said just keep an eye on it all (gee thanks doc). Some days I have a ton of contractions, and some I have a few. They've been coming every 10 minutes on the dot for the last 40 min, so that's kinda interesting.  My chriopractor confused me a lot this last visit. He said my pelvis is really tight and that for as far along as I am, that should be a sign that my labor might be difficult. This is confusing b/c up until yesterday he was saying all my problems have been from my pelvis loosening in preparation for childbirth? He says I must not be producing relaxin yet, but my doc told me that he must not know what he's talking about and not to worry about the delivery. (It wasn't my regular OB I saw, but a PA). She told me I can come back in 1 or 2 weeks if I want, and so I chose 2. No point in going in a week unless there's an issue. I also asked when those super fun cervix checks usually start and she says they do them starting at 38 weeks unless there's a reason. So I have a while, and I'm still debating whether or not I even want my cervix checked. We'll see. So there's the latest update. Somedays I think this baby is coming soon, and others It doesnt feel close at all. But regardless I am ready for him when he's ready to come out!! :)

2 comments:

  1. yay! He should come on my birthday on Monday :) Then Cohen would have a birthday buddy and so would Jake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you really do look fabulous. I would LOVE to be 161 right now. lol But glad all is well with baby. I just would say don't take to heart too much what the Chiropractor says because I think you should just trust your body and say a prayer and put your faith in the Lord cause he will watch over you and protect you in the times you need him too. Things will be just fine. Your body has done this before and knows exactly what it needs to do

    ReplyDelete