Sunday, May 29, 2011

Jacob Spencer is Here!

Well, after 19 long months of trying to get pregnant, 2 devestating miscarriages, 9 months of a surprisingly uncomfortable pregnancy, and 6 hours of labor....

I am thrilled to introduce to you our newest Morris! Jacob Spencer Morris was born on May 26th (a week early from my original due date, but perfectly on time with my ultrasound date) at 4:33am. Weighing in at 8lbs 5oz and a lengthy 21.5inches. He is just precious and the perfect fit into our family.
Wednesday the 26th I had a doctor appointment, and my doctor had already told me she would strip my membranes and try and get labor moving. When she stripped them, she said, "Oh yeah, that's gonna do it, that was a good-quality stripping. I'd give it a day or two, but I doubt you'll be pregnant this weekend." As soon as I sat up I had a painful contraction, and got excited that it just might work! So I left and went to my chiropractor and got adjusted, and was having some steady braxton hicks, so I decided to go walk and see if anything came of them. So I walked around walmart and they stayed pretty consistent, but I decided to head home because they weren't hurting and were about 8-10 min apart, like they'd been for weeks now. So I get home about 7pm, and they start picking up in strength. I tried to stay active to help them do some work, so I cleaned the house as best I could. By 8pm I was calling Spencer, they were getting to be about 3-4 minutes apart, and starting to hurt. By 9pm they were under 2 minutes apart but weren't hurting. They were uncomfortable, but they weren't demobilizing like every book says they are, so I called the hospital and asked them if I should come in. They said if it didn't hurt, it wasn't labor, so wait until it hurts. Spencer was heading home and they were still coming less than 2 minutes apart, so I told Spencer to hurry and that we were going in anyway. I made sure we had our bags packed, got Cohen in his jammies and ready to go to his grandpas, and as soon as Spencer got there, we left and dropped Cohen off. We made it to the hospital about 10:30pm. My contractions slowed a little in the car to every 4 min apart, and I was starting to worry they'd send me home, so I applied the pressure points I'd been using, and when we were walking into the hospital I had 3 really painful contractions about a min apart. I refused the wheelchair and as we approached the L&D desk one of the nurses says, "Oh boy, holding her belly and panting, looks for real!" So I got checked into a room and the nurse checked me and to my surprise I was already 6-7cm dialated!! The nurse also looked surprised, so she said, "Let's get that epidural for you!" and by 11pm I had my epidural. It wasn't the most pleasant experience getting the epi this time, when he went to thread the catheter through the epidural needle I could feel it going into my spine and that hurt, so he had to remove it and place it again, which was much better! They checked me again after about an hour and I was at 8cm, so they went to go call the doctor and see if he wanted to break my water, and I think he wanted to wait for whatever reason, so they let me get some sleep for a few hours and at 4am they checked me and I was 10cm and my bag of water was buldging, so in came the doctor and broke it. Then he must have realized he forgot something, because he stepped out really quick and the nurses looked a little confused, but they set me up to push and said they wanted to see how I push. They could instantly see his head and asked me to wait for the doctor. I could sort of feel when I was having a contraction. The doctor was a great coach, and helped me push Jake out in 3 contractions, so about 12 pushes, and I didn't even tear! They put Jake on my belly and cleaned him off, and he cried out once, but after that was very quiet but super alert and big-eyed.
 
We are home now and I am loving this little boy more and more. I couldn't be more in love with my boys!!!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I am so proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!!! He looks adorable Val, seriously, you've got one good looking baby boy :) My girls are gonna have some good looking options hehe.

    ReplyDelete