Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Starting to plan the party

So, I'm about 37wks (38 by ultrasound) and so I figured it would be ok to get things going a little. Mostly prepare things for getting going. I bought some Raspberry Leaf Tea, I drank a ton of it with Cohen. It's supposed to strengthen my uterus and make contractions more effective a making me dialate and then eventually push the baby out more effectively. I drink 1-2 cups a day, I don't LOVE the stuff, but it is good and relaxes me. I also have started an evening primrose oil regimine... 1 capsule a day to soften the cervix to allow for easier dialation (and prevent tearing when pushing). Now none of these things will induce labor, just enhance it and make it a little easier. I had a prenatal massage today and the lady showed me some pressure points that can lead to labor, and she rubbed them a little saying it was not enough to start labor, just to get my body thinking about it. I'm not evicting this baby before he's ready, but I'm sending him a 30 day notice!! lol. Haven't had any more nights like a few nights ago with steady contractions... weird! Anywho...hopefully things get underway soon... the countdown has begun as I am now considered "full term!"

4 comments:

  1. If you drink your raspberry leaf tea hot, add a spoonful of honey and stir it in. That should help the taste a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how exciting! keep me posted!!! It's funny how the contractions can start and then all of a sudden they just stop and don't come back for a few days. That kept happening to me but after a week of that I went into labor so who knows, maybe your time is approaching quicker than you think! Exciting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you buy the Red Raspberry Leaf Tea? Or the primrose oil capsules? I have to start planning for myself My little dude is coming soon too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought the tea at a local grocery store. Make sure it has Raspberry leaf in it...and if it mentions strengthening the female reproductive system thats the stuff you want. Most health food stores will have it. And for the primrose oil...I got a bottle of 100 gel capsuls at walmart for $5.

    ReplyDelete