Thursday, May 19, 2011

38 Weeks!

Had a doctor appointment yesterday. I told my doc about the bad contractions I've been having so she wanted to check my cervix. I have been debating whether or not I wanted it checked at all, but I was just too curious to see if those contractions were doing any work, so I agreed.  I'm 2cm dialated, and about 50% effaced.  When I got to the doctor and had to give my urine sample, I noticed some spotting, and mentioned it to her and she said it was from my cervix starting to dialate. So something's going on in there! She asked me if I was thinking about induction, and I told her I wanted to wait till my due date came to think about that, but I asked her if she'd strip my membranes next week and she said that would be perfectly easy to do, and a perfect time. So, if this little guy stays around till then, he'll be prodded along just a little. I've gained 32 pounds total, and my blood pressure has been slightly elevated above my normal, but nobody seems worried. I also think I lost a majority of my mucus plug last night... but I'm not sure. I am really hoping I go into labor in the next few days, I feel like it's soon!

1 comment:

  1. how exciting!!! Come on little Jake... we all want to meet you already!

    ReplyDelete