Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Go Green. Or Red. Or Blue...

I'm always looking for a remedy or things to help in the fertility department, and one thing that I was curious about this week was gemstones and their relationship to fertility. For ages gemstones have been known to have healing powers, and meanings. I know that, for instance Citrine is supposed to ward off evil thoughts, Amethyst is supposed to prevent intoxication, and that Garnet is supposed to ensure safe travels (ironic that Noah on the Ark had a garnet inside the ark?). I've seen pieces of jewelry out there labeled as "fertility jewelry" and it sparked my interest. Being a jewelry maker myself, I figured if there was any reality to these gemstones having healing effects, then maybe I could whip myself up a piece and get pregnant! So first I did some research on what stones to use, and I've found several options.

1. One person said that any green stone can help promote fertility. I think in theory the green color symbolizes life, renewal, nature, and so forth. This is lucky for a lot of people because there is a huge variety of green gemstones available. Some good choices are Jade, Emerald, and even garnets and opals.2. Moonstone is a hormone balancing stone that is associated with feminine energy and brings balance to the menstrual cycle and synchronizes it to that on the moon. You can make a fertility elixir by placing a moon stone in purified water and leaving it outside at night under the moonlight. It should be left outside for at least a couple of hours on a clear night. Remove the stone and use the water as healing elixir by drinking it.I thought this was kind of interesting. Don't know if I'll try it, but it's interesting to say the least! 3.Carnelian- Boosts fertility, Promotes sexuality and planned reproduction, Stimulates, balances and heals the uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes, cervix and vagina, Alleviate premenstrual syndrome, irregular cycles and cramps by helping to rebalance reproductive hormones. 4. Rose Quartz- The stone of love, the first necessary stepping stone to creating a healthy baby. 5. Pearls – These are the most closely tied gems to fertility. Since oysters are natures aphrodisiac, it would seem that the pearl would also contain some of those properties. Lastly, it is thought that since it requires patience and time to create a pearl, just like the patience and time required to create a baby, is why the pearl is so powerful to fertility
6. Rubies are thought to prevent miscarriages.

When I researched "Gemstone Therapy" it basically calls for programming your gemstones, basically palming them, and stating some kind of mantra like "These gemstones will heal me, and bring me a healthy baby, or pregnancy." Then it says to place the gemstones on your body, near your ovaries, uterus, on your temples, and lay in a dark place and meditate for 15-20 minutes about the outcome you desire. It is supposed to help with all kinds of afflictions, not just infertitily. I would think it's worth a shot.

Also, the shape of the gemstone doesn't necessarily matter, but they suggest round, oval, heart, or egg shaped gemstones to have the best effect.

To purchase your own gemstones, visit your local craft store, like Michaels or JoAnnes. Most gems are available on a string, but you can also purchase individual pendants. Also, two good online stores are www.artbeads.com (free shipping) and www.firemountaingems.com.

There are many places on the web where you can purchase fertility jewelry. I've planned a fertility line to offer on my store and that will be coming soon. For now, I plan to scavage my jewelry box and see what I have that can give me a boost!

No comments:

Post a Comment